She makes the most amazing things and is so talented! On top of that, we have not taken a class yet that was not incredibly fun!
The wall hanging on the right was made in her wet felting class. It is hard to believe that it started out as wool batting and carded rovings in different colours - suddenly it transformed into a picture, right before our eyes!
I think that this is Ally and Naevyne's dream spot. Naevyne's puppy is curled up enjoying the sun, while Ally's horse is taking a drink from the lake, but not straying too far from the apple tree.
The finished product is around 2' x 3'. Now I just have to figure out the best way to present it.
We had, also, taken a class with Fiona on working with recycled wool in February, and came home with these wonderful purses that the girls designed, cut and sewed (with a little help from me on the cutting and needle threading, but otherwise all on their own!). I am so proud of them. Even Naevyne at the age of 5 did the blanket stitch around the edge of her purse by herself!
The heart shaped purse was made by Ally. She alternated the colours for the other side. The fold-over purse is by Naevyne. She loved the idea of little pockets on it, and it surprised me a bit, but she wanted the flowers on it.
2 comments:
Wonderful bags :-)
I started off doing that type of thing at their ages - hope you have enough space for their stashes ....
Nice blog! I like the knitting projects you ahve on ravelry. :o) Your girls are adorable!
I'm also a Mom near Ottawa with one boy (8) and oen girl (12).
Post a Comment