I am not complaining about winter - I love winter! I love to see it come, I hate to see it go. I don't mind snow - snowstorms, snowy roads, snowballs... I pretty much love every incarnation of snow! I am CANADIAN!
But, something made me pull out a cardigan that I had knitted for Naevyne 3 years previous, frog it and knit a lacy summer halter. I would be hard pressed to tell you what possessed me - but I just want it understood that I have not started knitting light, lacy summer items in protest of winter.
At one point, I did know what the name and brand of this yarn was, but that was 3 years ago. All I can tell you now is that it is a slubby cotton/ramie blend with a thin viscose thread plyed in, and that it is Italian.
Naevyne chose the name for this design - and to tell you the truth, it is the perfect name for this halter! No one, and I mean no one (even someone who is colourblind!) could mistake this for anything other than "Orange". The fact that I knitted it up in an evening of TV viewing suits the "Express". The way Naevyne moves through life...well, that's in a pretty brisk manner, too!
So, all aboard the "Orange Express"!
No comments:
Post a Comment