Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The littlest blogger...


So, today is my first day blogging. Look at me joining the 21st Century - how exciting!

I am hoping that I will be able to organize myself enough to share my love of knitting with others. I have designs and patterns floating about in my head, yet to be put to ink.

I also want to have a brag book to share of the items I have knitted, thus far, and are still floating around my home.

Today was an exciting day. I went to a "new-to-me" yarn shop in town (sans kids! even more exciting!). I have fallen in love. Their selection is just astounding, as are their bargain bins - real bargains!

Check them out online
http://www.knit-knackers.com/

or, if you are in the Ottawa area, go drop in on them - you won't be disappointed! The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, too.


This photo is of the wonderful yarns that I picked up today while I was at Knit Knackers. All this cost me less than $50.00. I got 2 Paton's Classic Merino, 2 Silk/Cotton hanks, 1 ball of silk, 1 hank of raw silk, 200g of recycled sari silk and 3 balls of wool/acrylic blend. I think that was a great deal! Visions of what to make are going through my head - will I be able to sleep tonight? Will Steph's Christmas socks - already a month late - be pushed aside in my search for a new thrill? Tune in to find out...

I'm also excited to say that next week I am going to be taking a drop-spindle spinning lesson there - watch out Spinner's Guild, here I come!

No comments: